Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

London Clean-Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: London Clean-Up   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm sure everyone's heard the news of the riots in London (and of the frickin' excuses being given for them... But I'm not going to rant. Promise!) I just wanted to share this with everyone so the world doesn't think everyone in London/England are yobs!

About 20,000 people came out to clean up the streets today after all the violence of last night: RiotWombles and BBC. More people cleaned up than caused the mess!

Has restored a little faith in humanity again :-)
Back to top Go down
Linayus

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Good to hear! I couldn't believe I was seeing riots in London. I figured the general population there was well civilized! I'm glad a positive spin is being churned out now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:46 pm

A similar thing happened in Vancouver here in Canada, after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup. Big riots, big mess and big damage, but tens of thousands of people came out the next day(s) to clean up and repair everything.

The best and worst of humanity on display Razz

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Good to hear that people are making the attempt to take back their city. Even if that is just taking the first step and removing the visual memory of what those (censored) people did to it.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Columbus, Ohio is famous for burning down chunks of the town after the OSU/Michigan game (which, if you know your history, actually makes sense). That said, that sucks that London was rioting. :/ Hopefully things get put right as soon as possible, and justice is served.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 am

Boulder, Colorado. Those people riot at the drop of a hat. Okay, so it's usually following a Colorado Buffalo football game...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:58 am

Heh yeah, I remember seeing the Toronto riots on tv over here and thought "Well at least we don't riot about football any more!" Unfortunately some people now think it's ok to loot and vandalise stuff for no real reason >< Grumble grumble grumble.

On the plus side even nicer news of people behaving... from football! Of all places! My team was playing last night for a cup game. It was a 'local derby' (Nottingham Forest vs. Nottingham County) so tensions can't get a little 'strained' but fans have been praised by the county police force for impeccable behaviour!Nottingham Police 22,000 people there and not a single incident of disorderly conduct.

And my team won HAHA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London Clean-Up   

Back to top Go down

London Clean-Up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1