The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Source Code

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

Source Code Empty
PostSubject: Source Code   Source Code EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Source Code:

If I had been watching this movie with comany, I believe I would have been let down by this movie. What I saw in the previews had it appearing to be more "action" oriented. It was probably a very good thing that I watched it alone and without interuptions. This movie is more of a mental action movie than a visual one.

The premise for the plot is interesting to me, and that helped the movie immensely. Sadly though, it was not an "original" idea. Too many times I kept looking at the actor and thinking "that's not him" ... This movie took a few too many cues from "7 Days", the TV Show from a decade or so ago.

I was happy to see that the writers didn't dumb down the plot to the point of idiocy. Their attempts at simplifying and explaining Quantum Physics was very nice to see - I'd rather be given information I don't fully understand than be treated like a mindless idiot and given a dumbed down plot.

The writers were also very good at making subtle, and not so subtle, statements about our society today. Their portrayal "threat assessment" was very good. While it's a current "trend" to look at the Mid East members of society as a likely suspect for terrorist activites, I think this movie made a very good statement about that.

Casting & Cinematography was mostly un-noticed. The one exception was Goodwin. The actress chosen to play that character did an oustanding job in my opinion.

Rating 8.1
Back to top Go down

Source Code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Review Board-
Jump to: