The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Man From Earth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

The Man From Earth Empty
PostSubject: The Man From Earth   The Man From Earth EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 pm

This is a movie that is hard to describe to people and generate interest. Outside of this forum, I have a very hard time explaining to people why they should watch this movie. Here however, amongst a group of writing enthusiasts, I think my chances are much better.

Actors: They look familiar to me, but I don't recognize the names when I look them up. My guess is that they have played secondary or minor characters in other movies. That said, they do an excellent job in this movie with the script they were given.

Cinematography: Non existant. That's not to say it sucks - there just wasn't any need for much other than a few cameras and their tripods. The filming of this movie was done exactly how it should ahve been done. There are no distractions in the filming of this movie that could otherwise interfer with the viewers ability to follow the story.

Action: None of any note.

Script/Plot: This is where this movie generates it's power. The entire movie is script driven, to the extent of removing virtually everything else one would expect in a movie. This movie is what I can only describe as a "story teller's movie" - and here in this forum, I think that will go over very well.

General plot: Half a dozen University Professors sitting in a cabin talking amongst themselves. That's it.

Sound boring doesn't it? Let me stop that thought right here and now. The first time I watched this movie, I was astounded. I ended up watching it twice in a row with only a 5 minute break to make tea, and then one more time the next day. I still watch it every few months.

This is a movie that you need to pay attention to though. Unplug the phone, tell your significant other to be quiet, get comfortable and then press play and allow yourself to be drawn into a wonderful tale.

This movie easily makes my top 5, and would probably make my "3 DVD's on a desert island" list.

Personal Rating: 9.6/10
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

The Man From Earth Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Man From Earth   The Man From Earth EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:01 am

It's not Phonebooth and it's not 12 Angry Men, but it seems to be a relatively similar premise, where it's mostly a psychological movie. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net

The Man From Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Review Board-
Jump to: