The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upcoming WBG-related Projects

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Upcoming WBG-related Projects Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming WBG-related Projects   Upcoming WBG-related Projects EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:08 pm

I intend to get a few things worked out this weekend and make an attempt to make good on some promises I made last year. Now, understand that it won't be what I originally envisioned but rest assured I don't want to leave it as I did last fall when things were complicated by a life-changing decision.

1. Contest-Related Turmoil I do intend first and foremost to figure out who has won certain contests and has not yet recieved their prize. Second I suppose I need to make a decision on the winner of the last contest. Heh... And third, I need to decide on the future of the contests.

2. Forum Revamp The site design will mostly remain. I love the background. Content-wise... I suppose there are decisions to be made. I hope to get together with the staff (as many of them as I can get together with... heh) and discuss what we can do to make the WBG a better site. Rest assured: I don't foresee much changing. Pretty much we've been a "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" operation. That said, I sincerely hope to give everyone a friendly nudge toward the purpose of the site. What that might mean is still up in the air. I guess the word... "participation" comes to mind. Don't worry, we'll have fun! Evil Plot

3. I'm in the middle of trying to bring back some of those who have vanished since registering. You may have noticed the little email I sent out here earlier today. Hopefully others will see it and make a return to the WBG. Guess we'll see how that goes, huh?

4. Obviously it's time that I get rid of the chat box on the portal. I also intend to make an effort to try to bring more people into omnilord's chat service, which I actually find quite appealing, though it'll take a bit more to set up for then what most people will be used to.

5. I anticipate NO downtime. ZERO downtime. That's my goal and I mean it. This is actually a goal that I'm certain I can accomplish. Of course that doesn't mean forumotion might not face downtime of their own. It's happened before, though not frequently nor for extended periods of time. That said, if the forum does go down, it's almost 99.99999% certain that it will be due to something on forumotion's side of things.

6. Send in your suggestions. It's something I would very much like to see. Feedback/input is awesome. We look forward to hearing from you. Have an idea for little games/activities we can participate in that will help to stoke the creative fires? Think we need a subforum added for a particular subject that we're missing from our options, or that an available subject needs fine-tuning in order to better capture the attention of our members? Drop us a PM or post it in the Site Suggestions forum. That's what it's there for. Believe it or not, it does get used and we do consider every suggestion made. Sometimes we accept the suggestion (The Jukebox is our most recent subforum inserted after a member suggested we include it via the Suggestions forum). Sometimes we determine the suggestion to be unnecessary or that it simply isn't right for the WBG. This is your opportunity to get in on the act. We look forward to seeing your comments.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net

Upcoming WBG-related Projects
Page 1 of 1