The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Holidays

Go down 
+7
Professor X
RainCloud
Confessor Kahlan
Calwyn
rainshadow
talonnolan
ForeverCrimson
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:44 am

I've just been sorting out my summer break and getting stupidly excited about it, so thought I'd share it on here and find out if anyone else here has anything good planned?!

I'm heading to Spain for 10 days. Only doing Madrid and Valencia but I haven't been before so it should be good. There's about eight of us going so far and we've timed it so we can go to Buñol on the 31st August for the annual 'La Tomatina'. It's the largest food fight in the world, with about 45,000 people and 125 tons of tomatoes to be thrown! cherry I am so excited!!!! It looks fantastic. Crazy, but fantastic. Very Happy

So how about you? Do you have any summer events/trips planned?! Share!
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm going to world-con in August. It's a big sci-fi convention that's held every year. It's the convention that gives out the Hugo award. This year it's in Reno Nevada.

Then in September (I'm flying out in the end of August so I'm counting it as summer still) I'm headed to Nashville Tennessee for my friend's wedding.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Man... starting work with a new company puts a damper on any summer hopes. Actually I'll be thrilled if I get the opportunity just to go back home for a weekend... LOL

(To see the folks, sister, and neice... not the stinkhole of a town...)
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:00 pm

You still at Wal-Mart? Or are you talking about another job?
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Still at Wal-Mart. And it's not like I couldn't take a trip if I wanted to... it's just that I would lose those hours. Won't be able to use PTO for vacation time until I've been there a full year (end of September).
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I've been looking into a number of vacations to take. Iceland, New Zealand, Corfu, and doing the Camino again. Problem is I can't find anyone to do any of it with me. A number have shown interest than backed out. In the end I might just do something myself.
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:18 am

I have no plans other than just a week or two off from work to relax. Maybe a day trip here and there if the weather is nice.
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:50 am

Aw RS... maybe you can swap shifts with people to arrange a couple of days off? I don't know how Wal-Mart works but when I was at Starbucks that's what I'd do!

And Brian - go yourself. Seriously. If no one wants to go with you don't let that hold you back. I did over 6 months by myself. It's brilliant. You meet so many people and have so many fantastic experiences. If you want any tips/hints/advice etc. just let me know :-P
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:22 am

Quote :
Aw RS... maybe you can swap shifts with people to arrange a couple of days off? I don't know how Wal-Mart works but when I was at Starbucks that's what I'd do!

The people who do what I do work the same days that I do. I would just have to eat those hours, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:21 am

Plus Wal-Mart is likely to fire you after you come back from the vacation on some trumped up BS.

Seriously, my first job was at a Wal-Mart and it happened a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:25 am

ForeverCrimson wrote:
And Brian - go yourself. Seriously. If no one wants to go with you don't let that hold you back. I did over 6 months by myself. It's brilliant. You meet so many people and have so many fantastic experiences. If you want any tips/hints/advice etc. just let me know :-P

If I have to I'll do it. I'd just like the company if anyone wanted to join me
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:04 am

My summer break was supposed to start on Saturday but nooo. Anyways. My plans for this summer:
- bf/fiance coming home this week!!
- trip to California to see his family
- 3 summer classes
- miserable trip to Florida to renew my driver's license. I love the idea of home but I hate being there lol

That's it. Lots of family and class. Working out 6 days a week, trying desperately to improve my potential PT scores. Thank god I have a year lol So excited to see my bf/fiance! And he'll be my official fiance soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:09 am

Quote :
miserable trip to Florida to renew my driver's license. I love the idea of home but I hate being there lol

Absense makes the heart grow fonder, eh?
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:04 pm

And familiarity breeds contempt Razz
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Which is why we are really happy about the idea of joining up in San Diego for Comic-Con but by the end of the trip all we want to do is tell each other "Hi!"
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:24 pm

In all seriousness that was close to being the best vacation I've ever taken, and I was actually a bit sad to leave so soon. Give it a few more days or a week or two and I might sing a different tune, but I had a blast with you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Ditto that. Smartest however much money I ever spent.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:33 pm

I have to say that the San Diego trip was some of the best time I have ever had. Absolutely hilarious and great people to have been around! I still can't get over how much that armour weighed, how big that Pizza was or how the heck Hi! turned into F*** you Shteve!

Also, I am still impressed with how I did during my first attempt at Poker!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:51 am

Pshaw RS. San Diego was kick ass. I loved seeing you guys. Totally want to do something again.
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:10 am

Calwyn, I meant for RS to rearrange shifts, not make up an excuse Wink But as everyone is working the same days then that doesn't work. *sadness* As an aside, if you do find yourself if Spain at the end of August you could always say hi to my little gang!

RainCloud - congrats on the engagement! It might be old news but I didn't know so yeah... Yay! Also, I just noticed you live in Hawaii and instantly I got very jealous. I wanted to go there when I was travelling last year but didn't have the time or the money in the end. I'm kind of glad I didn't go now because I'd have wanted to surf out there and at the moment I'm not brilliant so I wouldn't have got much out of it. I've decided now I'm going to go when I'm [much] better and maybe, just maybe, attempt Pipeline. But I actually need to learn to turn properly on the wave first. Or I'd die. Razz

San Diego guys - It was awesome! Such a good time, so close to the end of my trip it was a fantastic way to say goodbye to travelling! And that pizza was bigger than me. Seriously, those things don't exist over this side of the pond. My friends were stunned. The beach was such a giggle too. Our poor sandcastle.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:59 am

Ah, the sandcastle. So much fail, so many laughs.

Yeah, we ate a shit-ton of pizza that week, and we only ate pizza twice... It's a crying shame that you weren't there for the rainshadow special, FC: TWO Pizzas and a coronary suffered following fits of laughter...
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:09 am

I don't know about you but I had a fit of laughter before I ever sank my teeth into one of those pizzas Razz
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:10 am

ForeverCrimson wrote:
Calwyn, I meant for RS to rearrange shifts, not make up an excuse Wink But as everyone is working the same days then that doesn't work. *sadness* As an aside, if you do find yourself if Spain at the end of August you could always say hi to my little gang!

If I was in Spain I'd be doing the pilgrimage, so unless you guys were somewhere along the route I wouldn't be able to...
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:42 am

Calwyn wrote:
I don't know about you but I had a fit of laughter before I ever sank my teeth into one of those pizzas Razz

Quote :
TWO Pizzas and a coronary suffered following fits of laughter...

I figured "following fits of laughter" indicated that it was PRIOR to both pizzas and the coronary. wink

As I recall, I was literally rolling on the floor before I ever managed to help the poor delivery guy get the pies in the room... LMAO

I will say this: it was a tip well earned.

Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I wonder how often the delivery guy has been in that situation: pizzas won't fit through the door, and the people inside are howling with laughter LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Holidays   Summer Holidays Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Holidays
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next