Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Well, it was in our loving room so not that big a deal moneywise but still annoying. And it wasnt in our living room bc of my efforts...if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 am

Ah, okay. That's better. Still, kinda rude.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 am

RainCloud wrote:
Well, it was in our loving room so not that big a deal moneywise but still annoying.

Too much information... Shocked

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

/gets popcorn bounce

PS: Avengers was good. Iron Man steals the movie, and my GF wants to touch ScarJo's butt.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Calwyn wrote:
RainCloud wrote:
Well, it was in our loving room so not that big a deal moneywise but still annoying.

Too much information... Shocked

x.x *blush* That's what I get for trying to type on my iPod Touch x.x Living room living room living room.

Memnoch wrote:
/gets popcorn bounce

PS: Avengers was good. Iron Man steals the movie, and my GF wants to touch ScarJo's butt.

She does have a nice butt...
Of course Iron Man steals it; he's super popular, and snarky, giving the movie all its levity.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Who DOESN'T want to touch that butt?

I'm hoping Chris Evans shines a little more brightly in the next movie. He really was subdued now that I think about it. Of course he's always going to be the level-headed one.

Most badass moment?

Spoiler:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, in the whole battle part of the movie the Hulk definitely stole the show.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 am

Memnoch wrote:
/gets popcorn bounce

She has an *awesome* butt. I'd touch it. Yup yup.

I really enjoyed the Avengers... and not just for the whole Chris Evans/Chris Hemsworth/Robert DJ cast... though they were nom... very nom... *eyes glaze*... wait, what, no! That's not the only reason I enjoyed it, honest!

Hulk was ok. He's never really been my favourite character but he was quite funny towards the end.

I think they did an awesome job of balancing everyone screen-time, so even Hawkeye got his fair share of the action even though he's not as well known/not as famous (although he's now definitely on my "list" *ahem*).

Yeah, good movie. Not really Oscar material but I don't care about that. It entertained me, I laughed, it was good.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 am

If there was anything Joss Wedon was going to accomplish, it was going to be character screen time. He handles those things as well as any director in the biz.

Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Thu May 17, 2012 5:30 pm

ForeverCrimson wrote:
I really enjoyed the Avengers... and not just for the whole Chris Evans/Chris Hemsworth/Robert DJ cast... though they were nom... very nom... *eyes glaze*... wait, what, no! That's not the only reason I enjoyed it, honest!

In times like the one above, honesty is the best policy Smile

Allegedly, the director's cut will be 30 minutes longer. Fanboys/girls around the world squee in unison.

combobreaker:
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Memnoch wrote:
ForeverCrimson wrote:

In times like the one above, honesty is the best policy Smile

Allegedly, the director's cut will be 30 minutes longer. Fanboys/girls around the world squee in unison.

combobreaker:

Director's cut, eh? I could use another 30 minutes of Scarlet Johansson's butt. Who's with me?

Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 pm

With the red hair and leather going? Yes please.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Fri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

talking about the first scene with Cap'n in it with a friend. I made a point about the punching bags... her response: "What punching bags? I was looking at his butt, that's a well-constructed man."

To be honest, the movie met my expectations, had a couple things I would criticize and generally could have been better. That said, its on the higher end of the comic/superhero movie spectrum.

if you like this kind of junk, watch this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325753/
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Fri May 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Memnoch wrote:
talking about the first scene with Cap'n in it with a friend. I made a point about the punching bags... her response: "What punching bags? I was looking at his butt, that's a well-constructed man."

Ah ha ha ha! Oh yes, can totally relate to *that* sentiment.

Although I could also settle for Scarlet's... This is why I love being a girl! You're not regarded as queer when you perv on both sexes Razz
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Fri May 18, 2012 3:40 pm

ForeverCrimson wrote:
Memnoch wrote:

Ah ha ha ha! Oh yes, can totally relate to *that* sentiment.

Although I could also settle for Scarlet's... This is why I love being a girl! You're not regarded as queer when you perv on both sexes Razz

The difference is most men don't perv on both sexes. Well, unless they're already queer. Wink

Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Fri May 18, 2012 3:47 pm

ForeverCrimson wrote:
This is why I love being a girl! You're not regarded as queer when you perv on both sexes Razz

I would respond to this more fully but were getting fairly far afield, but (couching all this in that I live in one of the gay/bi friendly parts of CALIFORNIA) I would consider you checking out girls a fairly "queer" activity.

That said, the term is not loaded with any judgements or out-of-context suppositions about your interests. Being queer-leaning in my community is pretty standard honestly, doesn't merit a second-glance.

If you'd like to chat more about this topic, or any particular scenarios re: ScarJo or Cap'n Crunch..... you should PM me, this topic could make the natives restless Razz

combobreaker:

Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 am

Meh, talk about anything you want. But should probably move that sort of thing to Eyes of the Storm.

Hm.... I haven't weighed in on this thread lately?! For shame.

Avengers was everything I wanted it to be and more. I love the way Hulk is portrayed in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. And I thought they captured enough of that in Avengers: The Movie. (Speaking of A:EMH, it is the shit. Everyone should watch it. Season one is streaming on netflix.)

My one gripe about the movie, has nothing to do with what was in the movie. Loki should still have the Casket of Winter. (Big cube that freezes stuff.) It was never taken away from him (that we saw.) I was made sad that he never whipped out such a powerful weapon... and my how that sounds a little dirty.

Oh well. It was awesome. I think it was the best super hero movie I've seen. Yes, even better then Dark Knight.

And oh how i love Scarlet Johansson. I just did a Google image search and one picture shows her bald for some reason. And I would still give my left leg to be with her. I Wub You Smooch! I Wub You Smooch! drunken

Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 am

Probably a good point to steer this back on topic, Peter. Agreed. No need to move it to Eyes (we are all adults here, juvenile as we can be) but let's clean it up. Myself included.

Personally I think Loki struggles as a villain. I think he has an inner moral set, that while he might be ambitious he still longs to be loyal, even to his brother, despite some of his more dubious actions. He even seems to regret his betrayal. At least that is what I see based on the two movies that featured him, and so my understanding of the character is pretty limited.

Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 pm

His motivation is he has an immortal uber-god for a father, whos standards he can never live up to, and whos power he doesn't hold a candle to.

He is powerful enough that he could swat nearly anyone like a gnat, with the exception of his paragon of a brother, who smashes his face in regularly, and the aforementioned father. Not to mention all the uber-hotties all running around who either have slept with (sloppy-god-seconds!? o.O), want to sleep with, or are sleeping with the aforementioned Thor.

Honestly, he's a weak villian, as far as villains go, because he's the super-villian equivalent of an angsty pizza-faced high-schooler with parents who's standards he can't live up to, girls he can't attract even though he's "totally awesome/powerful", with a hunky older bro in college who gets all the ladies and gives him pink bellies when he complains too much.

Loki rates lower than "generic villian who wants to rule the world", which generally i find stale and eye-roll worthy in general. Which brings me back to someone said Avengers was better than The Dark Knight, which I take issue with, simply because the new hallmark/standard of the new franchise Batman movies is their incredible villain development. Super-heroes are fun, but I would argue only if they A) have an interesting villain to fight, or B) fight because they have to, not because they ooze altruism (Iron Man or Wolverine anyone?).

Back to Batman Villains:
#1 Ra's al Ghul - culls the world for its own sake, best intentions mixed with worst (morally) implementation ever! Could have been better explained in the movie, but I happen to know a lot about this character. Interesting rating - 7 Cackles.

#2 Joker - "some men just ant to see the world burn". Which actually seems dis-interesting until you watch the movie, because as much as Joker's actions are/seem random or destructive for the sake of destruction, the meticulous nature of this actions/planning defy the logical explanations that they are, in effect random or illogical. Honestly, some of the best villain writing ever, and in many ways superior even to the original story, as written. Interesting rating - 9.5 Cackles.

#3 Bain - spoiler alert, but trust me, his motivations and objectives are perhaps even more interesting than the Joker's, though I can't say how well implemented they will be in the movie. Interesting rating - unknown, but likely above 7.

#Avengers - Loki. MY BIG BROTHER IS MORE AWESOME THAN ME, and even though I'm super rich, spoiled, and uber lucky GOD ADOPTED ME, I'm gonna fuck shit up while he's sleeping, because if I throw a fit while he's awake, he spanks me. Interesting rating - 1.5 Cackles (and only because Loki is marginally devious (as compared to Thor, who is generally pretty dense (sure lucky he's hot!) and/or too trusting)).
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 am

Meh. I had a lot more fun watching Avengers then I ever did Dark Knight. Yes, I love Dark knight. And think it is awesome. But, I liked Avengers more. It was just an all around great time.

Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 am

Honestly, I thought Loki was a pretty menacing villain in the movie. Which is all the more surprising when you consider he himself was never really a threat. By himself, I mean, he was no threat to the Avengers or Earth. It was what he was trying to do (bring in an alien invasion) that was the threat, along with being bat-shit-fucking-wacko and having an incredibly devious and conniving mind. He had them all dancing to his tune for the first have of the movie, until the devastation caused on the air ship shamed and embarassed them all into finally cooperating against him.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am

When I say he struggled as a villain it's because I don't really think he's a villain at heart, not that I didn't think he could be menacing.

Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   Wed May 23, 2012 12:34 pm

I think he was kind of meant to not be too menacing a villain. It's like brian said, it was what he was trying to do that was the bad thing. I think, when you see the teaser after the first lot of credits, you see that it was almost a set-up for the next movie. (which, with the villain shown at the end, should be frickin awesome!)
I didn't put the name in, incase some people didn't catch the end credits and missed it or something.

Oh and by the way, I finally got to see it.

Best moment?

Spoiler:

Last edited by rainshadow on Wed May 23, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPOILERFIED)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)   

Back to top Go down

THOR, God of Thunder (and Marvel Movies, as I understand it...)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2