Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:11 am

A mystery/thriller. Larsson was a Swedish-born journalist/author who hit the bestseller lists after his Millenium Mystery Trilogy based on a social misfit (namely the girl with that dragon tattoo) were published posthumously. Halfway through the first book, I've been quite impressed with Larsson's character and the pace of his story. Good stuff!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
locust
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am

I must be the only person left breathing that hasn't read any of these books,I will get thought.....eventually
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 am

I know plenty of people who haven't read the books.

I actually haven't read the subsequent books yet, a fact I hope to remedy in the near future.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
locust
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:44 am

I have had so so many people tell me I must read them,there so well done,characters and story set is brilliant...its just I still have a huge amount reading to catch up on....but like I said I will get there....:-)
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:46 am

I watched the Swedish movie version here last winter (excellent movie) and I can't wait until Christmas when the Daniel Craig/Mara Rooney version is released.

Back to top Go down
locust
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:55 am

I had heard the movies were not best,too rushed,trying to make as much as possible of the hype of the books,but this is just hearsay on my part as I've yet to watch em..
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:41 am

Dont worry Ken dear hey im swedish and i havent read the books or seen the movies and i like books and movies
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:36 am

I started reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo but I just couldn't get into it. It's one of the few books I've started reading that I've never finished (and I read the entirety of Roberto BolaƱo's "2666" - seriously the worst book in the world!).

I found it far too slow for me. Maybe I should have persevered but I have a habit of not liking anything that becomes hyped up - possibly just out of spite, I'm not sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo   

Back to top Go down

Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1