Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Had a chance to read this book while I was away from my digital home... Saw Patrick Rothfuss with Brian at Comic-Con and was intrigued, so I picked up his book... and let's just say I was completely blown away. In my opinion among the best fantasy novels out there. If the guy ever puts out multiple books, he's going to have his name mentioned with all the big dogs: Jordan, Martin, Goodkind... Excellent debut novel.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll second that. I've been doing a lot of reading since Comic Con, and Rothfuss is on that list. His new book is due to come out in February or March Very Happy

Also, I believe Peter Brett was also on that panel. I've read his two books, the Warded Man and its follow up Desert Spear. Both good stories, I recommend them to the new returnee Wink

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm

I also happened to pick this book up, though it had nothing to do with Comic-Con, sorry. Lol.

Loved the shit out of it. Easily the best debut novel since Lies of Locke Lamora, and that's saying a lot.

(Aug 11-22:03) rainshadow: I figured we'd go for variation.
(Aug 11-22:03) Nicci0808: ahh ok
(Aug 11-22:04) rainshadow: Just one way gets boring.
(Aug 11-22:04) rainshadow: Or so I hear.
(Aug 11-22:04) PyroMancer: that is true
(Aug 11-22:04) Nicci0808: i wasn't planning on you lasting that long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish   

Back to top Go down

The Name of the Wind [Patrick Rothfuss] - non-spoilerish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1