Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Sounds like Skyrim just might be the most addictive game since WoW.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:57 am

I'll say. I've had the game for 3 days now, and I'm already level 17 after playing for 25 hours combined. Razz

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
BigBen
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 am

I want this game!!!! But I just cannot justify buying it with my first child literally days away from being born!
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:22 pm

gratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh btw: Patch 1.2 broke the game (dragons fly backwards yo!) Do yourself a favor and wait for the patch to the patch...
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:53 pm

I haven't noticed anything problematic about the game. The only thing I've noticed is that Giants are easier to kill. I was so excited, I killed a dragon and then a giant in quick succession, and was so pumped. For those who don't play and don't know, giants were stupidly hard to kill. If they hit you once, you'd be sent into the Stratosphere (sp?). They also had a crap-tonne of hit points, so it would take hundreds of arrows or quick little strikes to take them down. If you had heavy armour you'd be too slow to dodge, and even with light armour you'd have to be super quick and precide because one hit and you'd be dead.

Well, when I fought it I used an orc racial power to reduce damage taken by half, and a hit by the giant was about 1/2 my health. So whenever I got hit I'd fill up using potions and go back to mashing it with my hammer. When I killed it I was all "I AM THE MASTER OF SKYRIM! ALL WILL BOW BEFORE MY MIGHT!"

I told my friend and he says "oh yeah, in the new patch they made the giants less ridiculous".

How disappointed I was... I think having a monster like that is good for the game. One of my friends bragged about killing 3 giants pre-patch, and it was like a rite of passage. You know your character is really good when you can kill a giant or two. Now that they've taken that away, it doesn't have that same aura...

Oh, btw, I'm really liking this game. Very Happy

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

See, this is why I haven't gotten any patches yet (also haven't gotten around to hooking my xbox up to the internet....). When I killed my first giant, it was still the old "I'm going to turn you into a pancake" variety. Very Happy

What gets me is how immersive the game is. I mean, Oblivion was good--but Skyrim is much, much better in this regard. There are problems--the menus could use a serious makeover, for example--but overall this is a game I seriously have gotten lost in, in a way I didn't with Oblivion.

Best thing to happen to me so far (and by "best" I mean "GOOD GOD WHY?!"): at the end of the Azura questline, I was jumped by a dragon. Far as I know, it was completely unscripted--it just happened to show up. Killing that thing, then defeating the final stage of the Azura questline immediately after....Well, that's pretty much the definition of bad-ass! Very Happy Now I'm running with the Stormcloaks, and the only down side is that the easiest way for me to complete any "take this fort" missions is to run in ahead of my guys and murder everyone before they get there. Fewer Stormcloaks getting in the way of my ebony soul-stealing mace of doom.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:56 am

Ebony? Dude, you need to upgrade to Daedric. Wink

Then get to level 100 in Enchanting so you can enchant the same item twice (one for soul stealing, one for additional damage), then get a butt-load of apparell items and potions that buff your smithing and improve the fuck out of your mace (read: Legendary).

Actually, once I got to level 100 in Enchanting and Smithing I found I didn't need a soul catching weapon anymore. I have more than enough Grand and Greater soul gems to recharge my weapons, and I have so much money (more than 100k) that I can just buy more if I need to. I've improved all my armor and weapons to Legendary. My armor rating is 1027, and I put buffs for two-handed weapons on everything I could in my armor and rings/amulet (plus improvement to Legendary) to bring my base damage up to 367. Then, since I don't need soul stealing weapons anymore, I put two damage enchantments on it adding about another 80 damage.

I went from comfortably handling Expert difficulty to handling Master difficulty with ease. Razz

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:26 am

Christmas cannot get here soon enough...
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:04 pm

*jumps around happily in my dark brotherhood skintight leather armor* HAHA!
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I need a Daedric heart to make a Daedric mace. Sadly, I can't find Daedra. I tried summoning one, but it just vanished. :/ I'm rolling in gold, but I can't find a supplier.
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Dinwar wrote:
I need a Daedric heart to make a Daedric mace. Sadly, I can't find Daedra. I tried summoning one, but it just vanished. :/ I'm rolling in gold, but I can't find a supplier.
Did you tell it your 'take Daedric heart to make a Daedric mace' plan? Because it may have seen that as a turn-off.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 am

Dinwar wrote:

There's a temple to Mehurunes Dagon (sp?) that has Daedra servants that respawn every game-time week. It's somewhere in the North West in a mountain range. If you go to the Northern town between the College of Winterhold and Solitude (Dawnstar I think its called?) there's a guy who starts a quest to re-assemble Dagon's sword pieces, and eventually leads you to the temple if you can't find it yourself.

Plus, there is also someone in the College who sells Daedric hearts. Forget who, though.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Dinwar wrote:

Enthir in Winterhold is your friend. So are most other high level alchemy suppliers. There's 5-7 merchants who sell them, but Enthir has the most, most often - usually has two on wares respawn (either every 2 days or 11 days depending).
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Ahhh Enthir, that was the Elf's name. Yeah he will sell a couple of Daedra hearts at a time. He's the best alternative to farming them yourself at Dagon's shrine.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 pm

I'll try the Daedra shrine. I've found it (used the hearts I ripped out of the daedric corpses to make my Daedra armor), but haven't been back for a while.

Of course, I DO have that mace from completing the Daedric quest. Only problem is it doesn't have soul-stealing. And if freaks out the guards when I carry it around.
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Got Skyrim for Christmas Very Happy Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!   

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2