The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:10 pm

i think I'm going to have to give this game a try now that it's available free. Anybody else playing/considering playing? Maybe we could start a Fellowship of the Guild of World Builders Very Happy

http://www.lotro.com/

Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Fellowship of the WBG Very Happy

I'm tempted, but with my move coming up my gaming time is likely extremely limited, especially considering how very little I actually game... LOL
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 8:33 am

I have played through the Tutorial part. Seems like it could be fun. I hate the controls however for movement and point of view. They don't work well together or just for movement in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Professor X wrote:
I have played through the Tutorial part. Seems like it could be fun. I hate the controls however for movement and point of view. They don't work well together or just for movement in general.
Did you play around with the control options any? Setting the camera to center itself made a huge difference for me.

Omni and I played quite a bit this weekend and we're both having a blast so far. It doesn't feel like we're playing a watered-down version or anything, which is something I was afraid of. There are some limitations on the free play, but so far I don't feel like I'm missing anything. And the scenery is gorgeous to look at Smile Lot's of pretty waterfalls (at least one of which can be jumped off without dying, as Omni proved Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
omnilord
Minor Character
omnilord

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am

It's still awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play   Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play
Page 1 of 1