The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule Empty
PostSubject: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Sanderson posted the news on his facebook account (sigh) an hour ago or so. The final draft has been finished and submitted, and so the release date of November 2nd will be met.

W0000000T! Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Damn I'm excited. I'm also stoked for Way of Kings at the end of this month.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:54 am

Great news indeed! Thanks for sharing Brian!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Excited for it now, just read the prologue and the chapters released on Tor's/Brandon's sites. Only on Lord of Chaos for my re-read to get ready, better hurry...
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 am

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Courage to strengthen, fire to blind, music to dazzle, iron to bind."
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 pm

God fuckin dammit... the books are at the bookstore, they're in receiving, packed in boxes waiting for the release date to be taken out and sold, and I have to wait the 6 days because its a strict release date AND ITS RIGHT THERE! ARGH!
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:40 am

Bah, just put on your ninja hat and sneak that bastard out of there.

And on a somewhat related note, when did hardcover prices drop so much? For $16.19 (Amazon's current price), I should just pre-order the bat rastard now. Don't remember the last hardcover I ordered being that low.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 pm

I ordered all three books of the Mistborn series in hardcover for that much. I think they were on sale from how cheap they already are compared to buying them in a store.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Estimated delivery November 8, 2010 - November 15, 2010

Piffle. Ah well, still have to re-read tGS before it gets here. Ended up ordering Way of Kings and Law of Nines while I was at it. Probably a good thing there's not a book store within driving range of where I live, I'd be broke all the time. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 am

Got it Friday evening, just finished it for the second time. Must say, with all the loose plot threads and possible events, I've really no clue how A Memory of Light is gonna play out.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I think they can finish it off in the next book. I had wondered before hand if they'd be able to do enough in Towers of Midnight to make that possible, but they did get all the plotlines far enough along that a long book (800-1000 pages) could finish it all.

Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Certainly hope so. Be nice to get a clarification on the timeline in the next one, all the back-and-forth here is a tad confusing. Only plotline I'm truly uncertain of at this point though is Aviendha's, seems she should be able to return well before the big meeting. The next year or so (or however long) of waiting is gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:19 pm

I'd say it's more NECESSARY for her to return before the big meeting.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Ah, there is a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:59 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Heh I actually DO remember that part now. Don't know why I didn't at first. The passage I was thinking about was a subsequent vision, and THATS where I missed the specific wording:

page 733:
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:08 pm

So while i was 'kinda scared' about her vision through the pillars, I realized it's probably not going to happen that way. To many inconsistencies.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:53 pm

I have not read the spoilers here, but I will say that I am quite enjoying the book. I don't read quite as fast as the rest of you! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule   Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Towers of Midnight Finished, On Schedule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Books & Literature-
Jump to: