The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Site Staff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: The Site Staff   The Site Staff EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:23 pm

COLOR CODING THE MODS

The Site Staff Admin11 - Administrators

The Site Staff Mod11 - Moderators

ADMINISTRATORS

rainshadow - site founder
Professor X
PyroMancer
talonnolan

GLOBAL MODS

lalib

Last edited by rainshadow on Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Chat Mods Group)
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Adminstrator - rainshadow, site founder   The Site Staff EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 pm

rainshadow is rainshadow

If you talk to the people who know me, I suspect they'll say something along these lines: rainshadow is a wicked-funny guy, but be warned... a little dab'll do ya. Simply put, a little rainshadow goes a long way. I like to see myself as a creative individual. I fear it rubs off on some of my peeps as being a crazed lunatic. Then again, I don't mind being a crazed lunatic once in awhile. It just brings out another angle of my creativity. Wink

Okay... here's a bit of personal info, just to let you know I do exist: my name's Austin. I was born and raised in a little town called Scott City in Kansas. I have experience in journalism but I learned a long time ago that just telling the truth bores me. I'd rather do it creatively, in a way that, as I learned long ago, journalism doesn't allow.

But moreso than using creative license in telling the truth, I prefer to tell of a far broader world that I alone know and can share with my readers. This is the world that exists in all of us but is wholly unique to each individual. It is this world for which I created the WBG to begin with. The imagination abounds. Everyone has an imagination, some more extensive than others. I'm not here to tell you yours is more or less extensive than that of any other individual... rather, I created the WBG in order for you to explore your own, and hopefully as we as a community can help you to stimulate your creativity. I want the members here to say they came away with a more robust and indepth imagination than they had when they arrived. If the members here can do that for any one other member... if just ONE person feels their creativity has been expanded during their time at the WBG... than I would say that this has been a satisfactory venture.

As the site founder and Head Administrator, I intend to bring everything within my power to help make this site both helpful and enjoyable. I have good experience in editing and I know what makes a good story, for me. I wouldn't call myself the end-all of knowing what a good story is supposed to be, but I certainly hope I could help push you in the right direction!

I read a number of genres ranging from horror to sci-fi, action, suspense, and even some fantasy (though I am not the fantasy guru on the site by any account). If I were to categorize my style, it's very much the fast-paced tempo not unlike that of James Patterson. I'm also a big fan of anime and by extension I really enjoy manga.

I usually have a busy slate but I will always make an attempt to answer any question you might have. My inbox is always open, whether you wish to PM me or send me an email. Any questions? Feel free to ask rainshadow!

Last edited by rainshadow on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Site Staff   The Site Staff EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Professor X

I am one of the site Administrators. Surprise!

My name is Steve (Spelled with and e and no h). I am a Canadian by birth and still reside here in London Ontario.

My prefered Genre of Reading is Fantasy, some call it High Fantasy, such as Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind. I got into reading first because of meeting Gordan Korman. He was very inspirational and got me to actually read my first book for my own pleasure. I was 12 at the time.

I am currently (and slowly) working on my own Novel, of which I have posted in the Creative Writers Guild. I look forward to sharing more with you and to read your own contributions.

I am also known for being the resident News Poster in regards to Anime and Movie News. Two of my favorite hobbies!

If you ever have a question, feel free to PM me anytime and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Welcome to The World Builders Guild!

Last edited by Professor X on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Site Staff   The Site Staff EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 am

talonnolan

I am also one of the site Administrators (you're shocked, I know.)

My real name is Peter. I was born and currently reside in Utah.

I love to read. Out of all my hobbies that I have ever had, reading is the one I've done the longest, and enjoy the most. I think the book that first got me interested was Z for Zachariah, in the seventh grade.

I have loved learning about different mythologies, since about the fourth grade. Greek being my personal favorite. My best friend, who also enjoyed reading, started giving me Fantasy books to read. We also started playing Dungeons and Dragons, and Magic the Gathering together. From there, different worlds of Swords and Sorcery were what I loved the most.

While fantasy has been my biggest cup of tea, I also will enjoy the occasional Philosophy, General Fiction, History, or Dr. Seuss book. I also enjoy comic books. I tend to be more into the actual world and characters then the actual story though. (For example, I don't buy very many comic books, but I have been known to buy the Marvel universe, or character, encyclopedias.)

My favorite authors include, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Raymond E Feist, Steven Brust, Brandon Sanderson, Jim Butcher, and many others.

I have a very good memory. Especially while reading a story, my memory tends to spot if continuity has gone off track, or is somehow wrong.

I love this website. I am thankful to be part of the inner workings. Gives me an excuse to meet new people, and partake in the worlds they are making.

My door is always open. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, complaint, worry, anything at all. I'm always willing to listen, or point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Site Staff   The Site Staff EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:28 am

I Am PyroMancer

All of the personal information about me can be found in my thread here.

On a related note, I was chosen as an Admin for this site based on my experience as an Admin on another forum. I expect to have much fewer issues here than we encounter over there, but I am prepared to deal with any situation that may arise amongst our membership.

My technical knowledge of writing is pretty solid. I have taken AP English, and will soon be attending college for Creative Writing. Therefore, I am more than happy to answer any questions relating to writing. I have made offers to edit some of our members' works, and as soon as time allows, I intend to do just that. If you wish for me to look over something you've written, feel free to ask, and I'll happily put it on my list.

Since it is fashionable for Admins to be on a first name basis with the members, my name is Alec.

The Guild here is an excellent opportunity for many people to grow as artists and as people. It's my job to make sure it remains a civil place where people can come to relax, and to work on their passions in a safe environment.
Back to top Go down
lalib
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
lalib

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Site Staff   The Site Staff EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

lalib

Well as you may have guessed my ID here is lalib. Though my real name is actually Bilal, use either at your leisure.

I am a Global Moderator for the WBG. So I have the honor and responsibility of watching over the WBG Forums.

I joined WBG because it was rainshadow's little project (met him on PI, another forum), and now I'm hooked!

As for myself a 17 year old guy in college, majoring in philosophy and doing pre-med.
I am bilingual, arabic and english, and I am a muslim.
I love to read, cook, and everything computers.
I've only dabbled a bit in writing, though I may post some stuff from time to time.

Mainly though, I'm here to help others with their projects, giving honest opinions on thier works of art and offering mho about various things.

Just FYI:
To get to the chat, click on the 'portal' link at the top of the page, scroll down to the java chat app, and login with your username (don't forget to contact rainshadow to password secure your name)

Last edited by rainshadow on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : changed color and finally got around to updating my title!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Site Staff Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Site Staff   The Site Staff Empty

Back to top Go down

The Site Staff
Page 1 of 1