The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. Empty
PostSubject: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:18 am

Here is an article on why Guillermo del Toro has quit The Hobbit:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/31/guillermo-del-toro-leaves-the-hobbit/

Disappointing. I thought he was the perfect choice, but I understand and I wish him the best. I just hope Jackson (as the Executive Producer) is able to find the right man for the job. I'm looking at Ridley Scott as my first choice, but we'll see.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17358/miley-cyrus-crushed-by-tank-

LMAO... great title for the article. Not so much into Tank Girl or Miley Cyrus, but it might be interesting to see the road this particular story goes down. I want Achy Breaky Heart as the theme, dammit!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17359/michael-bay-dumps-fox-for-turtles-

We saw what this guy did for Transformers, and personally I LOVED it. But I'm not sold that he can nail down the characters for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake. I don't like this casting choice, because, frankly, if the characters are not recognizable for Transformers, no problem. It's all about massive, transforming robots tearing the hell out of each other and the world around them. For the Turtles, a lack of recognizable Turtles will KILL a franchise.

DON'T FUCK IT UP, BAY.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I am hoping for a great turtles movie. On the Hobbit front, Peter Jackson said that he will direct if it comes down to that.

I hope it comes down to that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh he did now?

In that case, I hope every director out there does the right thing and turns it down! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 am

Yeah, it would be great if Peter Jackson directed it.
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am

Why would you remake TMNT?

Stop remaking bad movies that were terribly awesome the first time.

The is NO CHANCE a remake of TMNT can possibly be good, because kids these days don't even know wtf TMNT is... and adults will only compare it to the original.

On a side note, I saw Prince of Persia this weekend and it was surprisingly good. In fact, reminiscing I like it more and more. Best video game movie ever perhaps, which while not saying much, means something.

PS: Transformers was bad. Bay is a bad director. The original carton movie with Orson Welles was better than that shit. It takes more than flashy effects to make a good movie guys.

PPS: Transformers 2 was moderately superior to 1. At least the bad guys had fucking speaking roles.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Technically yes, Transformers is shit... but I was still entertained nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
StephenH
Minor Character
StephenH

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:35 am

The problem I have with Bay is that he is technically a great director (to a certain extent).

But he goes for "pop" over story in every possible way.

A Transformers movie could have been brilliant if it had the same importance given to the story as Nolan gave to Batman for example.

A popcorn movie like transformers could be so much more then just a popcorn movie. I don't think Bay understands that.

Regarding Bay's action. A lot of it doesn't make sense which annoys me. I love a good action film but I often find that a lot of action films out there rely on the action and not so much on the suspense something like that can do for a film. Eg terminator 1 & 2, Batman Begins, etc.

Transformers I would give 2.5 out of 5 and Transformers 2 I would give 2.

The one thing that annoyed me immensely about Transformers is that I didn't know which robot was which. Especially during the major action sequence at the end. Ít ended up making me care less about what was actually happening and distanced me from the film.

When I see a scene, I want to be able to know what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.   Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup. Empty

Back to top Go down

Del Toro leaves Shire, Cyrus crushed by tank, and Bay to dine on turtle soup.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble :: Movies-
Jump to: