The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?

Go down 
+7
Dinwar
carnage rahl
Memnoch
Confessor Kahlan
Deano
Professor X
Calwyn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? Empty
PostSubject: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Now when I say 'guilty pleasures' I don't mean something that you like but you honestly think (and have a good argument to support) that it's good quality. For example, I don't consider my liking of Naruto to be a guilty pleasure, because I think it's a good quality manga/show.

However, I have no justification for my love of playing Pokemon games. They're all the same, repetitive, with just a new setting, a few new pokemon and moves and features, yet I've still played every one of them. I'm in the process of playing the new HeartGold, a remake of Heart/Silver which was my favorite version in the series.

Alright I came clean. Time for you to make me feel better about myself as I just did for you Razz
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:26 pm

I enjoy older action/martial arts flicks like Street Fighter/Delta Force 2, etc. They are terrible movies, but I just can't help but enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Uwe Boll game based movies. They're terrible, but I can't help but watch 'em given the chance, even if I haven't played the game.
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 am

The 1970s children's tv series 'The Wombles'. I have every episode on dvd and I make no apologies for sitting down and watching them all back to back.
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:29 am

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? Anita_blake_guilty_pleasures_tpb
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character
carnage rahl

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 pm

I've actually read that Memnoch. i thought it would've been longer myself ;D

I LOVE cats and can't stand for someone to hurt an animal no matter the reason.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Recently, urban fantasy and neo-gothic metal. I grew up on TRUE gothic art, and can't stand to call this new crap gothic (it lacks some of the most crucial elements of the style, and embraces the most superficial). However, the music is good, particularly with female vocalists.

The urban fantasy is just fun. There's no deep philosophy involved, and they're not really "great story" quality, but I really enjoy them.

Oh, and classic games. NES, Game Boy, Commadore 64, DOS--I love the games that came out on these systems. The gameplay just seems to be better for some reason. And honestly, it's not all nestalgia. I did't play a whole lot of games as a kid (mostly puzzle games, where the fact that I was using them for physical therapy didn't cause me to want to chuck the system through the TV. Ever try to land Mario on a one-square platform between two pits when you see two Marios and the pit randomly disapears on you?)
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 pm

If the gameplay's better than its not a guilty pleasure Razz
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, but it feels...wrong....to put down Morrowind and pick up Bubble Bobble. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PyroMancer
Admin
Admin
PyroMancer

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Dinwar, it is NEVER appropriate to put down Morrowind. Not even for bubbles. Shame on you.

1) Spartacus: Blood and Sand
It's horrible. Bad bad bad bad. But I can't stop watching it. The absurd violence/blood and the "authentic" amount of sex (I've never seen any form of documentation to support the "fact" that Ancient Rome was rampant with vast amounts of sex and nudity, yet HBO, SHOtime and Starz don't seem to care lol) is... also bad, but I like it anyway... lol.

2) Mathew Reilly
Australian writer of mass market action books. The writing is mediocre, the stories are predictable, but... they're ridiculously amusing to read.
Back to top Go down
Dinwar
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Quote :
Dinwar, it is NEVER appropriate to put down Morrowind. Not even for bubbles. Shame on you.
In my defense, I have no fwoosh. Very Happy I'm playing a spellsword, and have no range attacks--all my spells are either stat adjustments, healing/recovery, or "on touch" attack spells (fire and ice). My weapon is a longsword. Which means I get up close and personal with the bad guy--and which meant at the time that the bad guys got up close and personal with ME. This guy requires different tactics from my orc thug.

Quote :
I've never seen any form of documentation to support the "fact" that Ancient Rome was rampant with vast amounts of sex and nudity,
Not vast, but Romans didn't have the inhibitions the West currently does. I think it was either Virgil or Cato the Elder that wrote a book on how to have an affair. Imagine if Obama decided to write a book on how to cheat on your husband (yeah, it was largely advice for women who were looking for something on the side). And the naked human form was viewed as a very beautiful thing by the Romans (partially due to the Greek influence), so there are a lot of nude mosaics and paintings around. It was a different culture, with different sexual norms, and most ini America today take that to mean orgies and no restraint what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Eldin
Minor Character
Eldin

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:52 am

This Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY

The content is disturbing and the music is annoying, but I can't help but be... fascinated.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:24 am

I can't believe I watched that... and never shut it off. Wowsers...

My guilty pleasure? I love my manga and anime.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:41 am

Eldin wrote:

The content is disturbing and the music is annoying, but I can't help but be... fascinated.

Oh...my...god. I'm just speechless.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 am

I found myself unable to turn the video off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
BrassButtons
Primary Character
BrassButtons

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Eldin wrote:

I dunno, to me it was more amusing than disturbing. I can see how some of the images should be a bit disturbing, but with the way it's presented I can't help but find it all entertaining and slightly funny instead.

I mean, these cows are obviously incredibly powerful beings with the ability to warp reality, and what do they do with this awesome power? Do they take over the world? Nope. They make a dance video. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Does whipped cream come from a married cow?
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:16 pm

No Brian. NO Brian! NO!!! Bad Brian! Bad Brian!
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 pm

A pox on your funny bone, Austin. That was a good joke Razz
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm just pissed you used it before I could. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?   What Are Your Guilty Pleasures? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are Your Guilty Pleasures?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Entertainment Drabble-
Jump to: