The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite movies

Go down 
+11
lalib
talonnolan
Dinwar
kahrhoshe
Professor X
StephenH
Calwyn
rainshadow
carnage rahl
Memnoch
Confessor Kahlan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
carnage rahl
Primary Character
carnage rahl

Favourite movies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:46 am

youknow what, I just noticed that I never put up my top fav of all time lol. wow aren't I late.

1) Who framed rodger rabbit
2) the proposal
3)equilibrium
4)V for Vendetta
5) armageddon: because I liv tyler Razz
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 12:47 pm

I can't believe I forgot to include one movie. This movie was one that I watched, then watched again immdiately (well, enough time to make tea and toast). I saw it a dozen times or more in the first 6 months I owned it. No action to speak of, no anything really ... it's a half dozen University Prifessors sitting around a living room talking - or rather, listening to one of them talk. But with that said, it is far from boring ... though it's also not a movie to ave on "in the background" while people are talking, etc.. This is a "pay attention" movie.

Purely fictional of course, but it is what I would consider the pinnacle of story telling. I could only hope that anythign I write would be half as captivating as I found this movie to be.

The Man From Earth. Get it, Watch it. I think you'll enjoy it. Smile
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character
carnage rahl

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:32 pm

really just a story telling movie? sounds like Stephen King's IT all over again lol
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Nope ... nothing like that ... without giving away the plot, I can't tell you what it's about, but if you like reading a good story, this should be a movie for you ...
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character
carnage rahl

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:21 am

wish I would've seen a commercial for it...seems iffy....it might be under free movies On Demand with comcast. Smile I will find it!!!
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character
IMagius

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njU5CsrYfKM

Here's a decent trailer for it ...

Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 pm

I can't say too much since I haven't been on here in forever. I still have to say though, that X-Men: First Class is the best movie I've seen in theaters in forever.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm pretty sure we'd hang on your every word, girl. You can say more. :p

And agreed... X-Men: First Class was awesome. It seemed like such a horrible idea... but they pulled it off brilliantly.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Nicci wrote:
I can't say too much since I haven't been on here in forever. I still have to say though, that X-Men: First Class is the best movie I've seen in theaters in forever.

...and you are?
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 am

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 am

Yes, X Men: First Class is first class. Saw it yesterday and loved it.
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am

Saw X-Men and thought it was pretty darn good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 am

Okay, now that most of us have seen X-Men... here's my singular gripe. It's the ONLY gripe I had, which is a good thing, because it means that the rest of the movie was just that damn good.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character
Confessor Kahlan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 am

Okay, years ago, when I was knee high to a grasshopper, my dad introduced me to a movie that had been a favourite of his since he was about 10 years old. "The Day the Earth Stood Still", starring Michael Rennie as Klaatu. Classic 1950s Sci Fi. Great stuff which subsequently became one of my top 10 movies.

Anyway, last night I watched the remake starring Keanu Reeves as Klaatu. (Perfect casting as I had always said that he would make a good Klaatu). I have to say that I did enjoy the remake as a general sci fi movie, however, when compared to the original, it just wasn't as good.

The original movie had more of a story to it; it was more character driven than situationally driven. The characters in the original have more depth to them and we learn more about them. Like the majority of sci fi movies these days, the remake relies more on the special effects to get the message across and is more like a run of the mill disaster movie than a movie with an actual story to it and message behind that story. Also, there was more of a definitive ending to the original. The message behind the story was delivered more effectively.

So, while the remake is quite good in and of itself and it's an enjoyable watch, it will never be as good as the original in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 am

rainshadow wrote:
Okay, now that most of us have seen X-Men... here's my singular gripe. It's the ONLY gripe I had, which is a good thing, because it means that the rest of the movie was just that damn good.

Spoiler:

Well at the time he WAS still young. By the time the 80s rolled around he'd be 20 or so years older and wiser, and could well start exhibiting the kind of character you'd expect of him.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:56 am

Calwyn wrote:
rainshadow wrote:

Spoiler:

Well at the time he WAS still young. By the time the 80s rolled around he'd be 20 or so years older and wiser, and could well start exhibiting the kind of character you'd expect of him.

Except that in more popular canon (not necessarily "correct" canon, admittedly) he is older when he has his mishap with his "cure".
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:47 pm

I saw X-Men recently and thought it was a good film. Enjoyable, but I also had issues.

I mean, how the hell do they explain Alex Summers being in it? He's Cyclop's younger brother... but this would seriously screw with the timeline.

Beast was ok. I mean, I have issues with the actor playing him but that's because personally I know him to be a stuck up arse. Or at least he was when he was 18. Who knows, he may have grown up since then but mreh. I liked Kelsey Grammer's Beast in the third film.

Overall, this one was good. I liked some of the nods to other films and cannon they put in. A damn sight better than X3!

EDIT: Also, I adore Michael Fassbender ;-)
Back to top Go down
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:05 am

It is sort of a reboot, so they don't have to explain the characters they used. At least that is some of their explanation for it. I am not sure how I feel about it really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 am

talonnolan wrote:
I like comedies the most. My favorite movie of all time is easily Spaceballs. Yes, you read that
right. Yes, i know that its odd that a spoof movie is my favorite movie
ever. But i can't get enough of it. It's hilarious. And i really like
John Candy.

Others worth mentioning-

Shawshank Redemption
Equilibrium
Star Wars (the whole original trilogy)
Lord of the Rings
Robin Hood Men in Tights
V for Vendetta
The Princess Bride
Fifth Element
The Dark Knight
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Edit- Oh, and pretty much anything by Kevin Smith

I forgot some movies that I just love last time. And it's been over two years. So what do you saw I update my list?

I still love all the ones above. You can make the recent Batman movies into an entire favorite trilogy type section, like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Though Rises was my least favorite. It's a top choice. Especially since I've now seen it twice, and could actually understand what the hell Bane was saying.

Avengers easily makes it's way onto my list. I had more fun watching it then Dark knight.

Some I didn't mention last time that I watch at least every six months (I just checked my netflix and I've watched Good Will Hunting 3 times in that time period)-

Let it Ride
Stand and Deliver
12 Angry Men
Labyrinth
Good Will Hunting
Dark Crystal
Lean on Me
Never Ending Story
Toy Story trilogy
The Incredibles

Man.... I may need to get out more. Shocked
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Expendables 2. I don't think I've had as much fun this year watching a movie. That includes Avengers 2 (still my favorite film of the year).
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am

instead of making a long list of favorite movies, since it is a bunch i will just tell the movie that was my favorite as child and still is a big favorite of mine.
Which is: Dunderklumpen!
That is a swedish family film that combines animation and live action from 1974, so quite old but most modern family films is quite crap.
A little wiew from one of the songs in it, preformed by my favorite character in the film Endumen (Onedumbone), some swedish anyone? Razz
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 am

Well, that was interesting. I admit, I laughed a couple times, which I imagine is what they're going for. Doesn't mean I got it, but I laughed. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 am

Well he is Onedumbone, he ist supposed to make sense so much, he got some fun interesting quotes though:)
Since u laughed u can listen to the Giant Jorm singing about himself if you want Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite movies   Favourite movies - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite movies
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3