The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written Empty
PostSubject: Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written   Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Sad news for Full Metal Panic fans!

Quote :
posted on 2010-01-05 19:28 EST
Shoji Gatoh's final full-length volume planned for spring; new short story this month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Shoji Gatoh revealed in a Tuesday blog entry that he is now writing the final full-length volume of his Full Metal Panic! high school action comedy light novels. He anticipates that it will be released this spring. Gatoh has not ruled out writing more Full Metal Panic! short stories; in fact, Fujimi Shobo's Dragon Magazine will publish a new Full Metal Panic! short story, set during the characters' second high school year, on January 20 to mark the magazine's 300th issue.

The story of Full Metal Panic! centers around a brusque young sergeant named Sousuke Sagara who must protect an assertive high school girl named Kaname Chidori by masquerading (somewhat unsuccessfully) as a high school student himself. Shikidouji illustrated the original novels that Tokyopop published.

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper revealed Mandalay Pictures' acquisition of the live-action film rights to the story last April. Although the newspaper listed Zac Efron's possible involvement, the actor downplayed the project's chances. ADV Manga released both the first manga adaptation from Retsu Tateo and Full Metal Panic: Overload! manga spinoff from Tomohiro Nagai in North America. ADV Films and Funimation have split the North American DVD releases of the three television anime series between the two of them.

Notably, Dragon Magazine's online preview of the 300th issue conceals a headline that will be on the front cover.

Source: Moon Phase Comments

Update: Chidori's naming order reversed. Thanks, Kougeru.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-05/last-full-metal-panic-light-novel-volume-being-written
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

PostSubject: Re: Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written   Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 pm

I've said this elsewhere, but this shouldn't be a sad time for FMP fans. What I find sad is a story without an ending, and the fact that Gatoh is going to conclude his series makes me very happy. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. Yes, it is pretty simple reading, but fun nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

PostSubject: Re: Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written   Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm happy about this too. I love FMP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written   Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion Forum :: News Forum-
Jump to: