The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey all!

Go down 
+3
Professor X
rainshadow
Ben
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:20 am

Yep another another PI'er. Although probably considered an ex in the present context. Not sure if any will remember me (Otherwise I'm sure rs would have bumped my application Very Happy) I used to frequent as Chase19 or the dude with the fauxian mask avatar. You remember me im sure.

See there are some familiar 'faces' about. Hiya Omni, BB and others that i have yet to peruse!

Brian (what ever happened to Duddy?) referred me so you can blame him for any subsequent carnage/tedious story submitions.

I'll leave it cryptic as honestly I probably won't be able to get on much, but will poke my nose in when I can.

Hope you have all been well

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 6:29 am

Brian is still around. He goes by Gwynasyn at PI and here he is our very own Calwyn.

I remember your handle but admittedly the avatar escapes me.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Professor X
Founder of the X-Men
Founder of the X-Men
Professor X

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:49 am

Welcome to the Guild!
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldbuildersguild.net/
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:03 am

Well that was fast Razz

I retired ol Dudzie a while ago, unfortunately. I got bored and thinking of a new name was the only thing I could think of at the time to relieve it temporarily Wink
Back to top Go down
Nicci
rainshadow's girl
Nicci

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome Hey all! 79776
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Awesome, Thanks all.
I Can't wait to look around.

Sounds good Brian, but you will always be Dudzy to me :p
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

You and everyone else. Razz I can't really think of one person who calls me by either my new screen names or my real name Hey all! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Fix that damn sig Dud, the spelling is doing my obsessive compulsive head in :p

Are the first chapters of your book on the site? I'm still working out how to navigate.

P.s whatever happened to reason's light?
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm surprised no one else noticed that until now...

They're not, I only started posting the ones I wrote after joining here. If you want the whole thing I can send it to you over e-mail since I'm not about to post all 50 chapters Razz

As for reasons light... I can't say. I was gone for three months and when I came back it was gone. I know omnilord and BB are members here, and they seem to know what went down so you could ask them. It was pretty dead when I left though, so maybe they just decided to stop paying to run it or something.
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Cool maybe they will pop in with some... light Very Happy. That makes sense though.

Lol fair enough.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 am

Ben!

I for one remember you quite a bit. I don't believe we ever really talked, but i used to enjoy reading your posts on PI. On RL too.

Glad you're here, and welcome.

Edit- As for Reasons Light, well Isaiah has been having a hard time footing the bill for it. I've told him i'd help, but it hasn't happened yet. I've been pushing for him to put it back up, it just hasn't happened.
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:54 am

I certainly remember you too Talon! But I think you are right, I don't think we talked much -probably because we never had cause for debate! Very Happy

Thank you, I'm looking forward to to reading all of this talented material. Hopefully it will motivate me into writing and posting something myself.

Thanks for clearing that up, a bit of a shame its down but I am sure we will see it again. More than understandable. I have been useless really, should have stayed more involved.

Anyone seen Race (Core) lately? Last I saw he was Mod'ing over at PI.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 am

I haven't seen or talked to him in a long time. He kind of disappeared from PI a good while even before the old site closed down for good. I'm sure if you contact Catina she might know, I seem to recall them being friends.

I wasn't surprised either. A lot of stuff happened with a lot of attacks launched against him, most of it privately either within the ranks of the other mods and admins or from other members.
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:02 am

I'm sorry to hear that.
He could be intransigent but I always liked him. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 am

None of it was really his fault, at least not solely his fault, not that I know of anyways and I was also involved in both affairs. The first one came about in the big uproar surrounding a thread about homosexuality that got a lot of RLers banned. At the same time, a couple of others were banned for criticizing the last book, Confessor. Race was supposed to be another one that was either to be banned or at least be removed as a moderator, but in the end that didn't happen. I do know that the person(s) involved continually pushed for him to have his moderatorship removed even after that though.

The other time was something more personal, between him and a couple of his hitherto friends who had a falling out with him. I ended up involved in that too, but in the end everyone just ended up going their seperate ways and nothing serious came of it. Not too long after that, though, I think was when he kind of disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:40 am

Well he always had a tendency to speak his mind. Hope he didn't compromise himself unduly. Don't recall him having anything against same sex relations, weird?

I must have left shortly before all that went down then. I just got a bit disillusioned with all the politics and at the same time stumbled onto some other interests that kept me away from the game.

Personally I loved confessor. Although I still think the pristinely ungifted should be immune to subtractive rofl! (despite Terry's resolute refutation)
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:52 am

Ben wrote:
I certainly remember you too Talon! But I think you are right, I don't think we talked much -probably because we never had cause for debate! Hey all! Icon_biggrin

We probably did actually. When you were around the most, i was still actively god-fearing. But I was a still pretty new at debating, and i only actually tried to debate when i thought i had a surefire winning argument. Hey all! Icon_rolleyes We see how that turned out, seeing as i'm now an atheist. Hey all! Icon_biggrin

As for Race, like Dudzy said, Catscalll would probably be your best way to reach him. If i recall, they were dating. I used to have his address, but i don't anymore.

Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:14 am

Haha that is the essential problem with debate, your beliefs get subjected to rational scrutiny as much as your opponents. I like your choice of words god-fearing was exactly it for myself. Or rather fearing the absence of a benevolent supernatural power, and the absence of any mystic pseudo-control over uncontrollable aspects of an oft scary reality. Big brother really is a comforting concept, if you don't think about it too much Wink.

Always glad to meet an honest man Talon.

Thank you. I may try to track him down. I started a story at the same time he did, would like him to read it now its finished. And read his.
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:28 am

Feel free to use my name. Which is Peter. Talon is fine too. Hey all! Icon_smile

And I am still very glad to have you here. When I sent you the friend request on PI, right after the system changed, it was my hope that that would get you to post on there at all, and to be around. I never saw you, and I don't think it did, but i'm glad Brian tracked you down, and you decided to be here. Hey all! Icon_biggrin

rainshadow wrote:
Brian is still around. He goes by Gwynasyn at PI and here he is our very own Calwyn.

I remember your handle but admittedly the avatar escapes me.

Welcome aboard!

His avatar used to be very simaler to this pic

Hey all! V_for_vendetta_guy_fawkes_mask11Hey all! Images%3Fq%3Dguy%2Bfawkes%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D21%26um%3D1
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:55 am

Mwahaha now that brings back memories! I may have to reclaim for old times sake.

Thank you Peter. I'm honoured.

P.S just finished Feist's Darkwar saga. Quite enjoyed it! Had forgotten how much of a master entertainer he is.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Ben wrote:
Well he always had a tendency to speak his mind. Hope he didn't compromise himself unduly. Don't recall him having anything against same sex relations, weird?

He actually didnt have anything to do with that mess, but rather criticizing Confessor. Certain people thought it was an attack on Goodkind himself.

Quote :
I must have left shortly before all that went down then. I just got a bit disillusioned with all the politics and at the same time stumbled onto some other interests that kept me away from the game.

lol you're telling me... I was an admin over there before stepping down because the politics were making my head spin Hey all! Icon_rolleyes

Quote :
Personally I loved confessor. Although I still think the pristinely ungifted should be immune to subtractive rofl! (despite Terry's resolute refutation)

LOL! Ah man that takes me back... but at least we got it right that Kahlan wasn't the bringer of death Hey all! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm

talonnolan wrote:
i'm glad Brian tracked you down, and you decided to be here. Hey all! Icon_biggrin

Actually he tracked ME down on facebook. How he found me I haven't the foggiest...
Back to top Go down
Ben

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Lol I was actually looking for Core on Catina's FB friends and wondered if the chum I spotted was Brian from PI. Could have been embarrassing if it had not been.

Ah ok then, well i guess thats what happens when you bite the hand that feeds, lol. A pity.
Back to top Go down
lalib
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
Friendly Neighborhood Terrorist
lalib

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Welcome to the WBG!
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer
rainshadow

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:41 am

Ah! Remember remember!

(Too bad you didn't wait to register until the fifth next month.)
Back to top Go down
https://worldbuildersguild.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Hey all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey all!   Hey all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey all!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: Introduction Forum-
Jump to: