Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Dark Knight Rises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drefan72
Minor Character

PostSubject: The Dark Knight Rises   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am

Went and seen this Friday, a very good movie, kind of wrapped some things up, left others open for a continuation of this thread. Good acting by all of the main characters, I recommend anyone who is a fan of Batman to go and see it.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:25 pm

My short review: Better than the first, not as good as the second. Like you said, a good to very good movie. It was more predictable and a bit too far 'out there' at times, but worth the money I spent to see it.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Agree with both of you :-) Well worth seeing, highly enjoyable, I liked the "full-circle" aspect of it. Wrapped up just the right amount of things but left enough open should they decide to do more.

Good acting by all. Some bits predictable (esp. if you know the comics), but twists were well handled.

Only real downside? Stupid woman sitting next to me in the cinema that kept gasping with every plot-twist/explosion/people getting hurt. Grrrrr
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Anne Hathaway is my new fave catwoman. I Wub You
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Going into the movie the idea of there being a cat woman was something I was worried about, but she wound up being one of the best parts of the movie.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Like I posted on my facebook, I thought it was the worst of the three. I enjoyed it, but I had a lot of problems with it that really messed with my fully enjoying the movie.

Spoiler:

Despite all my complaints, I did seriously like the movie. Just not as much as the others.

Last edited by talonnolan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

A lot of your complaints about how realistic some things were got to me too Pete, but I still think I liked it better than the first movie. It'd be close though... the first half of the first movie was great, but the second half was weak as hell.

Spoiler:

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:57 pm

I was at least entertained...

But I thought the ending was rather anticlimatic.

The funny thing to me is they included all the things I was hoping they would, including the handling of Catwoman... and I still felt underwhelmed at the end.

Peter: it's funny you should bring up Bane's voice...

Spoiler:

I'm pretty much with you, Peter. Good movie, but pretty much on par with the first and falling short of the brilliance of TDK.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I was never disappointed with Batman Begins like I was at some key parts of TDKR. Maybe it's because I was so much more hyped for this movie than BB.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
fogofwar
Secondary Character

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:08 am

Have you guys played Diablo 2? Bane sounds exactly like Deckard Cain.

As for the movie, the cinematics were amazing as always but the story had many more plotholes, unnecessary plot twists, and wtf moments than I would expect from a movie by Christopher Nolan. Case in point - what is with the whole scene where thousands of police officers bum rush bad guys with machine guns?
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:13 am

You know I realized there was something troubling about the entire trilogy that I couldn't quite lay my finger on. I came to the conclusion, finally, just what it was.

Spoiler:

Hopefully they make some serious adjustments in the reboot, which'll probably be planned to come out in 2015 or 16 at this stage.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight Rises   

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Rises
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1