The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's cooking?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 pm

We all need to eat some of us love to eat and cook it often both. So i made this thread in my boredom!
Feel free write what you are gonna eat today or gonna cook,bake or perhaps just tell us weirdo's the recipe of your favorite food.
So recipe is very welcome or perhaps a little demanded we maybe can give eachother ideas in what to eat in the week Smile
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Since i wrote this i can well write what im gonna eat today since alot of my food is in the fridge and i havent taken anything out to eat *facepalm*
Im goin to do spinachsoup with boiled eggs and a piece of wheatbread, goodness what that sound healthy HAHA!

(some of us my recipe's dont have any accurate measurements this is one but no matter i use the metric system which i bet most of you dont Razz )
Sod's simple spinachsoup

5 deciliter water
5 deciliter milk (just half-half of both)
Frozen hacked spinach (amount changes depending how much fluid you have i use to have quite alot)
Vegestable broth(i use dry diced version)

Warm up the water/milk mix but not so it boils have in the broth and spinach stir from time to time until the spinach has defrost. Let it boil up for a short time then seethe/bubble for around 5min then done!
Spice some extra for own liking.
Meanwhile the boiling and bubbling of soup you can boil some eggs hardcooked that you then slice to big pieces that you put in the soup when its about to be served.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Mmmm, foood. I haven't eaten lunch yet and its 2:45 pm. /sigh. So I'll dream. I'll probably make for dinner what I've been making for the past week: chicken fingers! With veggies on the side. My kitchen is limited to put it nicely (baking happens in a toaster oven, and I have a dual hot plate for everything else). So my recipe caters to my...issues.

Chicken Fingers/Chicken Parmigian
- 1.2 lbs of chicken (prefereably, boneless, skinless)
- 1 egg (or equivalent of Egg Beaters)
- 1.5 cups of Italian breadcrumbs
- .5 cup of Panko (critical!!!)
- Italian mix of cheese

For the Parmigian part:
- about 1 cup of Ragu tomato sauce

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit
- If you like little chicken fingers, cut the raw chicken into smaller strips. If lazy, or making the chicken parmigian, leave the chicken breasts in one piece.
- Crack the egg into one bowl.
- Combine the Italian breadcrumbs, the Panko, and a handful of the cheese, if you'd like, on a plate or in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, coating it thoroughly.
- Coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mix.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet that you lightly coated with olive oil
- Cook chicken for about 25-30 minutes. If making the parmigian style, take it out after 20 minutes, pour the Ragu over the chicken and then put cheese on top of the ragu and continue baking.

mmmm...dinner...
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

This weekend i have tried something i havent cooked before.
Will give with the filling that is easy succeed with.
P.S- This take rather long time cook!

Pirogue/ Piroshki with minced meat filling

25 gram yeast
2 ½ dl fingerwarm water
2 tablespoon food oil
pinch of salt
6-7 dl flour
1 whiped egg

crumble down the yeast in to a big bowl. Pour in the water and stir until the yeast dissolve. Add the oil, salt and most of the flour work into a smooth dough, add rest of the flour. Let prove/rise for an hour.

meanwhile make the filling, it needs time to cool down.(shall be cool when put on the dough)

around 300gram minced meat/Ground beef/ground round
½-1 onion hacked in small pieces
some butter
black pepper
chilisauce, amount depens on how strong you want it but shall make it all goo-ish
1-2 tablespoon tomatopurée

Fry onion and minced meat in the butter. Spice with pepper and perhaps some salt.
Add the chilisauce and purée stir around a little and let cool.

Split the dough in half. roll out each half to a big rectangle (30x40cm). Slice each doughtablet in 12 or 6 squares depening if you want small or bigger pirogues. Works take out round parts with measure too.

Set oven to 225c/ 896 fahrenheit.
Lie 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each square. Paint the edges with the whiped egg. Fold together and press the edges with a fork.
Put the pirogues on a cookie sheet, let them prove/rise for 10-20min.
Cook in middle of oven for, small pirogues :10min-ish and bigger for 15 min-ish.

What's cooking? Img_9010

Last edited by Sister of Darkness on Sun May 06, 2012 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

bookmarked, coming back later to post
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:27 pm

This may be a stupid question, SoD, but where does one encounter "mince meat"? I know what it is but I don't think its sold in grocery stores (especially not out here, where there's more Asian food than anything). Did you make it yourself?
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm

RainCloud wrote:
This may be a stupid question, SoD, but where does one encounter "mince meat"? I know what it is but I don't think its sold in grocery stores (especially not out here, where there's more Asian food than anything). Did you make it yourself?
I just buy it from any grocery store here we got many to choose between. They use to come in 3 types here made of only cow meat, made of cow and pig and then just pig.
Guess you can check with a butcher Razz
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 am

Sister of Darkness wrote:
RainCloud wrote:
I just buy it from any grocery store here we got many to choose between. They use to come in 3 types here made of only cow meat, made of cow and pig and then just pig.
Guess you can check with a butcher Razz

lol I think the butcher in my local grocery store would look at me like I was nuts but I'll try. I really like the look of those pierogies (spelling? sorry, I'm tired). And I think that's the same base filling for...well, all those little pastry things like samosas.
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 am

RainCloud wrote:

lol I think the butcher in my local grocery store would look at me like I was nuts but I'll try. I really like the look of those pierogies (spelling? sorry, I'm tired). And I think that's the same base filling for...well, all those little pastry things like samosas.
Oh just glare back becuse stores nearby are nuts fot not selling it Razz.
Find it very strange they dont sell it there, used in all kind of food. How are you else supposed to make spaghetti bolognese, tacos, chilisoup lasagne and all kind of stuff Shocked

They are exellent to freeze too then to just warm in a microwave. I use to have one as a lunchbox.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I live in Hawaii, SoD, they don't really know what all those things are either x.x
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 pm

RainCloud wrote:
I live in Hawaii, SoD, they don't really know what all those things are either x.x
*gasp* Surprised what a nightmare hihi
Back to top Go down
Memnoch
Secondary Character
Memnoch

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm

RainCloud wrote:

We call it "ground" in the US. Ground beef, ground round, ground <insert type of meat>.
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Memnoch wrote:
RainCloud wrote:

We call it "ground" in the US. Ground beef, ground round, ground .

/blush That's not what I was taught to believe when I was little. My dad grew up in England; he lied to me. I've been avoiding this thread just so I didn't have to say I was wrong. Here it is: I was wrong x.x #soembarrassedrightnow
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Memnoch wrote:
RainCloud wrote:

HOLY CRAP! The translator lied to me! buuhuu Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RainCloud
Primary Character

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:24 am

Sister of Darkness wrote:
Memnoch wrote:
RainCloud wrote:

HOLY CRAP! The translator lied to me! buuhuu Crying or Very sad

I'm really sorry! My dad always told me it was a special blend of meat spices.
Back to top Go down
Sister of Darkness
Secondary Character
Sister of Darkness

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:54 am

Ist your fault my translator lied to me dear Smooch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's cooking? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's cooking?   What's cooking? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's cooking?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The World Builders Guild :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion Forum-
Jump to: