Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sherlock Holmes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character

PostSubject: Sherlock Holmes   Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't know if this latest BBC series has reached America yet, but if you can I'd seriously try tracking it down. It's well worth a watch.

It's the BBC modern-day adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. They've done two three-episode series; the final episode of which has just finished with the most incredible ending. Just... stunning. Brilliant acting, brilliant storyline (created by Steven Moffat of Dr. Who fame), just fantastic.

Sherlock is played by Benedict Cumberbatch (Atonment; War Horse; Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy "fame"... is to play Smaug the Dragon in The Hobbit movies and has just been announced as the bad guy in the newest Star Trek) and he's just amazing. A more serious Sherlock than Robert Downey Jnr. but (in my opinion) better. (And also, strangely, very very attractive! Embarassed )

Dr. Watson was played by Martin Freeman (Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy; will be playing Bilbo in The Hobbit) and he was also awesome. Very good characterisation and the interaction between the two main characters was really funny and at the same time very poignant.

The storylines were incredibly clever and very entertaining. I cannot recommend it enough.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

I've loved the Sherlock Holmes stories since I was a kid, and I always enjoy just about any adaptation. I loved the movies with RDJ, and I loved the first episode of the BBC show... but it's one of those shows that I ALWAYS forget about when I'm thinking of a new show to get into. Embarassed

I mean to rectify that soon.

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1