The World Builders Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!

Go down 
+4
Professor X
rainshadow
Deano
Calwyn
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ForeverCrimson
Minor Character
ForeverCrimson

A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:26 pm

I literally just read this and came on here to share it :-P Beat me to it!

It looks promising for sure!

Now I *really* need to catch up with this series. I have the time now. Hopefully my local library has the books!
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Calwyn wrote:
Jason Denzel, founder of Dragonmount that is the main fan-site for the Wheel of Time series, posted a spoiler-free review of A Memory of Light which kind of doubled as a eulogy to Jordan himself. I read it, got goosebumps at parts, and now you must all suffer in agony at having to wait three more months to read the book yourself as I will!

Saw that this morning too. Quite lovely. I've been feeling waiting agony for over a year. So 3 more months shouldn't be to bad.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

True, I have been as well. I guess I should have said increased agony, then Razz
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 am

And for those like me with a desire for even further agony, the 70-odd page prologue has been released. It even puts a long standing theory to rest. Smile
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 am

I am very much excited and anxious for Memory of Light. But I think I'm just as excited for the Wheel of Time encyclopedia that Harriet is supposed to be releasing a year later.

Time needs to go faster. Maybe i'll freeze myself in the mountains and have someone thaw me when it is time.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am

talonnolan wrote:
I am very much excited and anxious for Memory of Light. But I think I'm just as excited for the Wheel of Time encyclopedia that Harriet is supposed to be releasing a year later.

Time needs to go faster. Maybe i'll freeze myself in the mountains and have someone thaw me when it is time.

Just make sure your friend is reliable, and doesn't forget where you froze yourself. You don't want to wake up in a future plagued by civil war between atheist alliances and ostrich-riding otters. Razz
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Tor put the first chapter up on their site. I like how it starts... and I want it NOW!
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't usually read any of the sample chapters and stuff. I'm certainly not going to download the prologue. So the book itself needs to hurry and get here. If you get early access Brian, mail me one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

No can do, this one is a strict on sale. Even if we received them two months in advance even I wouldn't be allowed to buy it, though I may read it in bits in the back in my spare time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am

So, anyone get it yet? Still waiting for Amazon to ship my copy...
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick
Calwyn

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Got it and finished it yesterday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Hoping my copy will ship tomorrow, though my plans for reading it this weekend are entirely shot. Guess I didn't need to worry about pre-ordering it. Poke!
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Finished it last night. Still not sure how I feel about it being over. But, I've one question at the moment (rather large spoiler for those that haven't read it):

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
talonnolan
Shard Bearer
Shard Bearer
talonnolan

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 am

Deano wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I finished a couple days ago. The book wasn't perfect, but I thought it was close. I'll elaborate later. Busy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Deano
Secondary Character
Deano

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Spoiler:

True enough, it's just the way it was written made me think that;
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!   A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Memory of Light First Draft Is Completed!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2