Where creative thinkers come together to build worlds...

PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:51 pm

From the darkest depths of the Underworld, the Bane of the Keeper is unleashed...

STEVE RETURNS!!!

"This time... it's personal. (And NOW I have a mouth... bitches!)"

Courtesy IMagius - Thanks buddy!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Glad I could be of assistance! Steve was dead for far too long.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Steve was too dead for far too long.

So he decided it was time to return.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain.

We should create a loop. That way when he gets back he can feel jealous that he's been out of it.
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 pm

I can't decide if that's horrifying or adorable.
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:12 pm

It's Steve! He's always been Horrifyingly Adorable!

... or was that Adorably Horrifying?

Wink
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:27 pm

the feet are the horrifying part about him...now if he is as bad as RS with the puns....we're doomed ROFL
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:45 pm

carnage rahl wrote:
the feet are the horrifying part about him...now if he is as bad as RS with the puns....we're doomed ROFL
The feet are rather terrifying, I'll admit, but it's the smile that gets to me. That Cheshire Cat grin filled with rows (we can only see the first one, but I just KNOW there are more) of razor-sharp teeth. He is going to rip the flesh from your bones and swallow your soul, and then penguin-waddle away.
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 pm

WOW!!!! ROFL BB you literally had me rollin with the penguin-waddle. that was the best laugh I had all day. THanks lovely.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't know when or if Steve plans on returning to do vocal work for the WBG. He is still a little miffed he never got royalties for the voice work he did prior to his demise. (I never could get him to understand that one does not get royalties for doing work that brings in absolutely ZERO bacon.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Mascot-of-the-WBG/250350468338624

Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 pm

What in the fuck is that???

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
BrassButtons
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Calwyn wrote:
What in the fuck is that???
His name can not be spoke with human lips nor heard with human ears. To gaze upon it in writing would surely drive one mad. But he is known by many other names. Nightmare Bringer. Soul Eater. He Who Created Fear. The Purple Death.

Here, we call him 'Steve'. Tremble before his might.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 am

...is this some inside joke I missed? Shocked

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 am

Yes, it is Calwyn ... I thought for sure you were still at PI when Steve was around ... we spent a long time with him. He truly was a mischevious bastard ... well, he never actually did anything ... I think he is actually the personification of that little voice in every little boys head that convinces them they won't get caught or hurt and can't be seen or heard. He also feeds and augments everyone's desire to see things (including a person's mental state) reduced to their component parts - preferably through some sort of explosion or impact.

That sarcastic retort on the tip of your tongue that you know you really shouldn't say, but desperately want to? Steve put it there for you.

I think it took a month or more just to determine his name Razz

And his funeral was delicious Very Happy

Last edited by IMagius on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 am

For those that haven't met Steve, but have read the Dresden Files ... Steve is Bob's evil twin.

Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:04 am

Well, crap, did this Steve thing roll around while DuDZie was off trolligagging in Europe? That would explain a ton.

The thing about Steve, I found him all alone by himself and decided, that would be a kickass avatar. And so I used him first at PI, and then here. We at last selected a name for the little bugger through a contest at PI (I'm still amused that it wound up being Steve).

Steve did do some vocal work (his voice is the one heard in the brief intro to the WBG in th portal as well as on the main page of the forum). One of the more amusing aspects was the segment "Ask Steve", which MIGHT actually still be posted on the second portal of the site, though I don't for the life of me recall the exactly what the address would be.

Otherwise BB and IMag got it right... Steve is a crazy little fuzzball.

Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:24 am

I think you may be right RS ... Steve's brief, yet blinding, existance must have been during Calwyn's road trip.
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:36 am

I missed the inside joke as well...i feel so left out.
Back to top Go down
Calwyn
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Well I don't remember this at all, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume that he was given birth and died within the three months that I was gone. Not a very long life cycle Razz

"What mood is that?"

"Last minute panic.”
Back to top Go down
carnage rahl
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:18 pm

that is tragic, the guy has it worse than fish!!!
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:04 pm

Excellent news, everybody...

I found the Ask Steve segment!

http://worldbuildersguild.forumotion.net/?pid=2

Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh wow! I had forgot all about those. Classic stuff RS Smile
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Sometimes it is hard to understand me... uhm, I mean, Steve. Wink

Back to top Go down
IMagius
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am

Only thing I had issues with was the "background" music was too loud ... as long as I could hear Steve, I coudl understand him fine.
Back to top Go down
rainshadow
Compulsive Writer
Compulsive Writer

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 am

Excellent.

Back to top Go down
Confessor Kahlan
Primary Character

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:12 am

rainshadow wrote:
He is still a little miffed he never got royalties for the voice work he did prior to his demise.

That explains his new look. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!   

Back to top Go down

I am the cotton swab that gets stuck in your ear!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next